For a dairy free alternative to cow’s milk, choose almond milk! It is definitely one of the best dairy free milks I’ve ever had. Watch the video above to find out how Ella makes almond milk in 1 minute (for the actual almond milk making, I started the clock at around 17 seconds and stopped the clock at around 1 minute 16 seconds – in case you’re wondering why the video is over 2 minutes long! I then added an optional extra at the end). Enjoy!
- 1 cup of ground almonds (50 g) – you can easily buy a packet of ground almonds from your local supermarket or grocery store
- Spring or filtered water (400 ml)
- Fill up a cup of ground almonds and pour it into your blender
- Add spring water to cover the ground almonds leaving around a 1 cm gap (use less water if you prefer a thicker and creamier texture)
- Blend and there you have it!
Optional additions: add a teaspoon of raw honey for sweetness and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Your homemade almond milk! If you prefer, you can make more than the quantity above and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Furthermore, if you don’t like the bits in the milk you can strain it using a cheesecloth. As for me, I don’t really notice the bits because they’re mixed up with the nuts and seeds anyway. However, if you intend to drink the almond milk too, you may prefer it without bits.
Let us know what you think of this milk by leaving a comment below.